Photo Editor Cover Letter
Photo Editors improve the appearance of photos for publications such as magazines, newspapers, books, and websites. Oftentimes, these professionals have previous experience as photographers. Specific responsibilities for the role include: assigning projects to photographers, making sure daily production deadlines are met, discussing requirements with clients and managers, performing changes as needed, training junior staff members, and ordering supplies for the photo department.
A successful example cover letter for Photo Editor usually highlights the following qualifications:
- Photo editing software knowledge and computer competences
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- Customer service skills
- Effective communication
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
Comparable job skills can be seen in the sample cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Photo Editor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Holbrook:
As a skilled and creative professional with key experience managing all facets of photography editing tasks for reputable companies, I am positioned to make a significant impact on your organization as your next Photo Editor.
My background includes key experience selecting, preparing, editing, and positioning photos for both print and web publication. With my keen eye for detail and design, I excel in conceptualizing, producing, and directing photo shoots while leading high-performance freelance staff to drive project and resulting product success. With my ability to collaborate effectively with management and photographers—along with my excellent communication and organization skills—I am confident that my talents will significantly benefit your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Managing up to 35 freelance photographers in photo shoots for reputable companies—including J. Jill, Anthropologie, and Garnet Hill—while procuring and evaluating photography to ensure high-quality images.
- Selecting, editing, retouching, and positioning photographs for print and web marketing collateral, ensuring consistency and alignment of image tone with brand messaging.
- Editing raw photographs using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom; designing page layouts using Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator.
- Demonstrating success in producing high-quality creative products including brochures, magazine images, social media visual content, and general marketing materials.
With my keen ability to spearhead challenging photography projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch image quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding services to your company. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Jane M. Greene
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Photo Editor position but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Photo Editor cover letter that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
View All Cover Letters Misc
40 Tulip Way
London UK NW80QE
(020) XXXX XXXX
Suburban Style Magazine
RE: Photo Editor Job Listing on Craig’s List
I present myself as a skilled Photo Editor with a keen eye for beauty and images that resonate. With a strong work ethic a high level of organisation and an exceptionally calm manner I juggle multiple jobs and meet deadlines with ease.
Not only have I edited for print and web over the last nine years I have also assisted and run photo shoots and have often worked directly with clients to great success. Here are some of the skills and achievements I will bring to Suburban Style magazine:
- Seamless workflow management
- Excellent photo retouching
- Proficiency with Adobe image software
- Image editing
- Colour correcting
- Image archiving
I’d be happy to provide greater detail about my skills and experience during an interview. Please call me at your earliest convenience.