Financial Accountant Cover Letter
Financial Accountants maintain a company’s financial records and help managers make informed decisions. Essential job duties of a Financial Accountant include managing bank accounts, preparing annual accounting statements, handling tax returns, providing assistance to auditors, collecting data for statements, adhering to state and federal tax requirements, responding to financial inquiries, offering financial advice, reconciling balance sheets, and predicting cash flow.
The ideal candidate for a Financial Accountant position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout his or her cover letter:
- Accounting and financial expertise
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Deadline orientation
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Organization and planning
- Computer proficiency
- Business acumen
- Reporting skills
Similar skills and qualifications are visible in the sample cover letter displayed right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Financial Accountant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Bryant:
When I learned of your search for an analytical, organized, and highly skilled Financial Accountant to join your team, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your review. With extensive experience accurately performing a full range of day-to-day accounting responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations in this role.
From financial reporting and account reconciliation to audit coordination and tax preparation, I excel in efficiently performing all aspects of accounting functions. My demonstrated accounting success across various industries throughout my 14-year career—along with my expertise in adhering to regulatory and policy guidelines—prepares me to make a significant impact on your company.
Highlights of my experience and qualifications include the following:
- Accurately and expeditiously facilitated bank reconciliations, risk assessments, auditing processes, invoice collection, year-end preparations, fixed assets, and month-end closing while providing a superior level of service and support to realize optimal financial performance.
- Developed project costing summaries and preparing detailed budgets of up to $3.5M.
- Successfully cleaned up company accounts by uncovering and writing off old debtors and duplicate creditors, clearing journals, and reclassifying expenses and assets in conjunction with external accountants.
- Slashed invoice processing time in half by developing and rolling out a new job costing system.
- Collaborated effectively with cross-functional teams and external auditors to drive maximum productivity, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Excelled within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and ensuring compliance with internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
With my experience in general accounting operations, combined with my interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Christopher R. Hill
179 Misty Way Road
Melbourne VIC 3060
Mobile: 0432 104 321
Home: (03) 9876 5432
20 May 2011
Cumin & Stout Accounting & Finance
Level 7, 100 Banksly Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Re: Senior Financial Accountant position, Ref: F90111
I am writing to apply for the Senior Financial Accountant position advertised by Cumin & Stout Accounting & Finance. I am a qualified financial accountant with over five years of experience as a financial accountant at BND General Insurance Ltd. I am eager to move into a challenging position that will allow me to take more of a leadership role and progress my career.
I am a highly motivated individual with a broad financial accounting skill set. After completing my Commerce undergraduate degree, I was recruited in the Best Superannuation graduate program. This experience was invaluable to my career, giving me the opportunity to tackle a wide range of accounting responsibilities in an SME. This experience also inspired me to go on to study a Master of Professional Accounting while continuing to work as a full-time accountant, to really deepen my accounting skills and enable me to take on a management and leadership role in the business.
I have demonstrated strong analytical and organisational skills in my role at BND General Insurance, where I prepare and analyse the monthly financial reports and prepare budget forecasts, as well as provide advice on taxation, legislation and areas for further development. I have strong communication skills and have experience with reporting on business financial figures to management and stakeholders.
I have also developed strong leadership skills in my current position. After only two years with BND General Insurance Ltd, I was given the opportunity to support and mentor a small team of junior accountants. My volunteer work training and mentoring teenage boys with the Big Brother Basketball Program has also allowed me to further develop my communication and team-leading skills.
I am focused and highly analytical, with a sociable personality. I will bring to your organisation years of specialised experience, a natural aptitude for analysing numbers and a commitment to developing a positive team environment. Thank you for considering me for this position and I look forward to hearing from you.