Quantity Surveyor Resume Samples
Quantity Surveyors manage all of the costs involved in building and civil engineering projects, from initial calculations to final figures. Skills relevant to this position and found on sample resumes include verifying and reporting claimed executed work of contractors, confirming the stages of work accomplished and checking progress payments according to the accomplished work, and attending regular meetings for discussing the progress of work, problems faced and ways of solving these problems. While degrees are available in quantity surveying, applicants do not need to show on their resumes that they have studied this subject in order to secure a job.
Looking for cover letter ideas? See our sample Quantity Surveyor Cover Letter.
Assisted in the quantity surveying (takeoffs) of two big construction projects during the proposal process.
- Prepared the bills of quantities.
- Participated in the preparation of proposals.
- Developed a list of qualified suppliers for cladding and steel.
Supervisor, Surveyor and Quantity Surveyor
Supervised and controlled project progress
- Advised on cost effective construction methods
- Estimated and analyzed work performed to request payment from clients
- Performed general office duties, operating office machines, and sorting mail.
- Verified and analyzed patient payment, Organized returned hospital mail
Section Quantity Surveyor
Prepared budget estimates and weekly budget report.
- Placed orders with subcontractors and managed subcontractor's claims and resolved disputes.
- Prepared payment/invoices for sub-contractor and send out notices to sub-contractor to proceed work as established.
- Prepared weekly and Monthly cost reports for contractors.
- Ensured compliance with policies and procedures
Quantity Surveyor Intern
On-Site measurement for the ordering/controlling of materials and also for valuations to prepare interim
payments to sub-contractors.
- Assisted in measurement and take offs to prepare Bills of Quantities for tendering purposes.
- Procurement of sub-contractors and materials for current projects and potential projects.
- Assisted with contract selection, administration and project management.
- Produced and altered digital Bills of Quantities.
- Prepared schedules to control and project time and costs.
Quantity Surveyor Officer
Check BoQs for adequate specifications and prices as submitted by Engineering Team.
- Maintain a database with comparison sheets for market prices covering all items that might appear in projects BoQs and Material forecasting for ensuring continuity in execution of work
- Price analysis and recommendations for all bids to be discussed at the tender review group meetings.
- Verify any technical changes required in variation orders prepared during the implementation of the projects, by preparing a special report attached with the variation orders.
- Update estimated prices by carrying out markets' site visits; share this information with other departments.
- Check the quantities in BOQ during site hand over for the contractor and match them with the implemented quantities at the site.
Prepared Construction Cost Estimates, Bills of Quantities, Labor and Material Schedules and Cost Analysis Reports for residential buildings, office complexes and commercial
- Carried out inspection of construction projects in process to ensure projects were
- Prepared tendering (bid) documents on behalf of building contractors.
- Acted as negotiator for building contracts on behalf of owners as well as contractors.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Reviewed completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy
- Measurement of building designs and Estimation
- Wrote daily detailed reports logging work progress for quality assurance purposes.
- Fostered and maintained a collaborative professional working relationship with the project leadership team.
Responsible for Recompilation all data and quantities for the mile market to project control.
- Verify estimate with the engineer and codify time cards.
- Support Area Manager with supervise 25 subcontracts, 100 or more self-performed in different buildings and coordinate meetings and concrete pouring.
- Actualize and create data for Isometric Pipe for different buildings inside the projects.
- Prepare weekly report of Overtime and Audit with the client Overtime for all project
- Support payroll dept. with overtime request forms and entry time cards for more than 1 thousand employees for the entire project.
Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor
- Supervised the project foreman on the construction application, detail and execution of materials and ensured the timely delivery of projects.
- In charge of estimating plans for bidding.
- Executed the process of purchasing materials, coordinating delivery and storage from construction project site.
- Prepared RFIs and organized important files and documents for future reference.
- Managed and coordinated the cost, availability and timely delivery of materials and project schedules for suppliers.
- Played a key role in winning contract bids for the company totaling USD 1.2m within a five-month time frame.
Cost Control/quantity Surveyor
Duties comprised of planning and scheduling of works in liaison with subcontractors, quantity surveying, preparation of interim bills and final accounts and coordination of allied services necessary for construction project.
- Prepared minutes of meetings and monthly progress report.
- Prepared quality assurance of materials and workmanship according to OSHA rules and regulations.
- Reviewed certified payrolls of contractors and subcontractors.
- Reviewed all consultant drawings and made recommendation to adjust the site requirements.
- Verified the all construction material used according to contract specification and reported the test results for construction quality assurance.
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.
Sample Surveying Personal Statement
I have always been fascinated by the built world around us. As a child, this took the form of being awestruck by large buildings and structures. As I grew up, I developed an interest in not just buildings in their finished form, but the process of their construction as well. The UK has undergone a great deal of development over the past decade, and I was always interested in watching the gradual process of construction that took place in my home town and places nearby. My understanding of both architecture and construction has naturally become more and more sophisticated as I have matured. In parallel with this passion for buildings, I have also always been interested in the business world. I have wholeheartedly enjoyed business studies at both GCSE and A-Level, and have supplemented this interest by reading the business sections of the main broadsheet newspapers.
My original ambition in life was to become an architect. However, it is perhaps unsurprising that when I discovered the overlaps that exist between buildings and business, my career aspirations would change in this direction. Now it is not the process of designing buildings that most interests me, but the costs and management side of building. After immersing myself in the blogs and resources of RICS’s surveying-360.com, I have become fascinated by all of the behind-the-scenes work and logistical considerations that go into creating buildings. As a result, I am now set upon becoming a quantity surveyor.
Over recent years I have developed my interest in the building industry and gained a practical experience of it through two different work placements. In May I did a placement at a local architecture firm. I learnt a great deal about the processes behind bringing a building project to fruition. In particular, I learnt about the numerous factors that have to be taken into consideration, whether they be design-related or issues such as planning regulations. I also gained experience in using CAD software, as well as a deeper appreciation of the design process. In July, I did a second placement at another architecture firm. It was here that I reached the final conclusion that it is the surveying side of the industry that interests me. I was involved in the creation of a three-dimensional model of a tree house; I came to realise that model making required a different set of skills than those that I wanted to base my career around. In the placement I spent a significant amount of time with both architects and quantity surveyors. Whilst I admire and respect the work of architects, I found myself much more interested in the work of the surveyors. Inspired by the experience, I have made quantity surveying the subject of my Extended Project Qualification, and have loved every minute of the work that I have put into it.
In addition to the world of buildings and surveying, I have been involved in a wide range of activities which I feel have helped to give me the skills for life in a demanding profession. I was a house prefect at my boarding school. In this position I played an important mentoring role for younger children, and this has helped shape me to be a responsible person. The experience of living in boarding school has also encouraged a sense of independence within me. Outside of school, I spent a summer working as a waiter in the Las Iguanas restaurant chain. The job helped me become accustomed to working under pressure, and also complimented my love of world cuisine.
The sum of these school and work experiences has helped to encourage me to always strive to be a responsible, hard-working person, as well as teaching me important skills such as good organisation and problem solving. I see these as important qualities for quantity surveyors. I look forward to the opportunity to be able to apply them, and of course indulge my great love of buildings, through first a degree in quantity surveying, and then a career in the profession.
We hope this Surveying personal statement has been a valuable example for you to use.