Thesis: Federal regulations need to foster laws that will help protect wetlands, restore those that have been destroyed, and take measures to improve the damange from overdevelopment.
I. Nature's ecosystem
A. Loss of wetlands nationally
B. Loss of wetlands in Illinois
1. More flooding and poorer water quality
2. Lost ability to prevent floods, clean water and store water
II. Dramatic floods
A, Cost in dollars and lives
1. 13 deaths between 1988 and 1998
2. Cost of $39 million per year
B. Great Midwestern Flood of 1993
1. Lost wetlands in IL
2. Devastation in some states
C. Flood Prevention
1. Plants and Soils
2. Floodplain overflow
III. Wetland laws
A. Inadequately informed legislators
2. Interconnections in natural water systems
B. Water purification
IV. Need to save wetlands
A. New federal definition
B. Re-education about interconnectedness
1. Ecology at every grade level
2. Education for politicians and developers
3. Choices in schools and people's lives
Example taken from The Bedford Guide for College Writers (9th ed).
Here is a sample paper in MLA format that has both the cover page and the outline pages. This paper has 10 pages so if you are under a slow Internet connection, please wait a few seconds for all of the pages to load. This paper is current with the latest MLA manual.
MLA Format Sample Paper, Title Page
MLA Format Sample Paper, Outline Page 1
MLA Format Sample Paper, Outline Page 2
MLA Format Sample Paper, Page 1
MLA Format Sample Paper, Page 2
MLA Format Sample Paper, Page 3
MLA Format Sample Paper, Page 4
MLA Format Sample Paper, Page 5
MLA Format Sample Paper, Works Cited
MLA Format Sample Paper, End of Sample Paper.
– Diana Hacker (Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2006).
MLA Format Guidelines:
APA Format Guidelines: